And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27)

Monday, January 28, 2013

Outlawed & Out Cold!


Trading card games are now outlawed in this mission. It’s really annoying because it was a good stress relief but we’ll obey. Got to send them home but I’ll have to wait until next month with the new allotment because right now I’m broke.

R started chatting with us and we began discussing his recent membership with the Pentecostal church here. We helped him do his Bible study. It was really odd because he was using the new standard translation, which is kind of an easier version, I was using the King James version, and Elder Rasmussen was using a Spanish one. All different kinds of translations, it was awesome! “We believe in the Bible as far as it is translated correctly.”

Our investigator pool is getting pretty shallow and we need to build it back up. We found a potential by the name of K. She converted to another church from Catholicism early in her life. She’s been humbled with OCD problems, her husband has Graves’ disease and she’s just wondering why there needs to be so many churches. We’re excited to teach her we just need to set up an appointment. She’s very friendly and open to us.

We had a great lesson with J and B. It was sweet because B’s opening up even more to us. He asked for a Book of Mormon that he could read. That’s a great sign! He even said the closing prayer. We talked about the gospel and then we taught about the Word of Wisdom. Both of them have smoking problems. She’s been smoking since she was about 11 and now she’s 20, so that’s an issue. She committed to quit, she quit once when she was about 15 for a year and a half and she really wants to follow God in this. She’s making incredible progress. She’s been reading the book of Mormon, writing down questions, and favorite scriptures, so it’s really awesome to see.

This evening after we had visited with V we had something hysterical happen. I laughed harder than I’ve laughed in months! She lives in a trailer and they constructed a deck onto it. There’s a couple steps leading up to it and as we walked on to it (it’s about 8:30 so it’s dark), I kind of hop down the steps but as I jump I didn’t realize there was an overhang above the steps and the top of my head smacked into it and I landed on my back! I was just sprawled out on the stairs groaning, I think I blacked out briefly, woke up and realized that I was on the stairs. It didn’t hurt but it caught me off guard! Elder Rasmussen was cracking up and he said “Quick they’re going to see you!”  So we quickly sprang up and ran off. They opened the door, “Everything ok?” and we were just busting up laughing, staggering to the car because it was hard to breathe and our abs were hurting from how hard we were laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment