And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27)

Monday, February 4, 2013

Miles and Miles and Miles


We had exchanges with the Broken Bow elders this week.  We went to Goodwill and did service there for the afternoon: sorting bags, cleaning up the store, etc.  Elder Jackson and I walked for about 2 hours straight, trying to contact a couple referrals but they weren’t home.  We did a bit of knocking and found a potential though.

We had to go to Phillipsburg Kansas for an interview.  We drove all the way to Phillipsburg, got a call from the elders there that they were in Norton (about ½ hour away), picked them up and then headed out into the boondocks, way down into the southern mission boundaries and the guy for the interview wasn't there!  We had to turn around and drive all the way back.  Elder Rasmussen had to be at a training meeting in Omaha the next day.  Omaha is four hours away and the meeting started at 10:30 am so he had to make part of the trip that night.  The North Platte elders dropped off Elder Holloway and took Elder Rasmussen and headed out to Grand Island.  They were going to stay there, wake up early, and leave at 6:30 am to drive over two hours to Omaha.  Thankfully I was done for the evening!

We went to see W and found out he hasn’t been going to church because he’s been so busy and tired.  We recommitted him to come.  Then we went to see D.  He’s been great.  We read the restoration pamphlet with him and explained what everything meant.  We saw T & C, didn’t teach them a lesson but they said they have a friend that needs some help, so we told them to bring her to church so we can meet her.  We saw G & Sister A. and talked with them about fasting and fast Sunday and committed them to do it together this past week.  

We had a good potential today – his name is J, he’s from Colorado.  He’s very straightforward saying he’s Catholic but I asked if he’d be interested in coming to our church if one Sunday if we went to his mass and then he came with us to our sacrament meeting.  He said yeah and I’m really excited because I really want to go to a Catholic mass and freak out the preacher when he sees Mormon missionaries in the stands!

That’s all.
E’Harker

No comments:

Post a Comment