Hey,
Firstly, thank you sooooooo much Papa and Gram!!!!! I can’t wait to get the bike, it’s literally going to be lifesaver. Thank you for your generosity. You should know grandma that after last week’s email we went to get groceries and someone paid for them. Thanks for doing the same with the missionaries in Okotoks. Also thank you Mom, Dad, Em, David, and Grace for the package. Our church is the building we use for the mission office and yesterday we went to pick up some supplies and I found your parcel. The food is delicious. I made the pancakes this morning and Elder Moore and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Also the tie is great, ugly but cool, thanks.
So I have a new mission president now. Pres. Kunz left on Saturday and now we have Pres. Weston. I haven’t had the opportunity yet to meet him, but will tomorrow at a zone conference we're holding. From what I've heard he seems great. Pres. and Sis. Kunz sent out a farewell card with a photo and contact info so I have a reminder of my first mission president.
In other news, I love Aldis!!!! We're going as a district to the zoo today and we want to head as early as possible so Elder Moore and I decided to do our grocery shopping done earlier this week. We took our hour for dinner and went shopping at Aldis and it was fantastic! I can never go to another grocery store again. Its whole goal is to save as much money as possible. When you go in the store is small but has everything you need. They only carry one or two options per item but those options are ridiculously inexpensive and still good quality (for example: we got the normal box of strawberries that every store sells for only 99 cents, I got three boxes myself and Elder Moore got two). They keep their staff to a minimum and don’t use any bags (you need to figure out how to take the food home) so that you're not paying for them. We both spent $30 and left loaded with good food. Finally our fridge and cupboards are full and I have other things to eat than oats, apples, eggs, beans, and rice.
We came home one day this week and had ten minutes left to work so we decided to street contact around the apartment. We came upon a group of men and started chatting with them. We soon found out that two of them were Cuban. It was awesome! They are incredibly hard to understand. The closest thing I could compare them to is how the teacher sounds in the peanuts movies when she talks to Charlie Brown. They don’t pronounce their -s, -c, or -dad. One insisted that we come by his house, but it’s out of our area. Good referral nevertheless.
We have a handful of investigators in the early stages of teaching that show lots of promise so we're excited to see their development. I'll expound on them if they progress further. I've begun a challenge that’s commonly done here in the mission that is to pray for thirty minutes for thirty days. It’s been a big help. I feel my Father's love more powerfully each day I do it and gain spiritual strength.
Nothing else to report. Thanks for all the love from everyone. I'm feeling my testimony and strength grow. Thanks for all the support.
Love,
E' Harker
No comments:
Post a Comment