And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27)

Monday, March 4, 2013

Holes in the Shoes - Filled With the Spirit


Where do you eat out? I don’t, saves money that way
What big stores do you shop at in Columbus? Wal-Mart
How are your clothes holding up? Not too good.  I only have one pair of pants and my shoes have several holes in them. (Note: new shoes & pants sent immediately from support team in Oregon & Canada)


Great week!  We first started off by going to district meeting.  We drove down to Wahoo and then the elders there drove us to Mahoney and then Lincoln – a long drive!  Elder Mickel trained us on trials and the lessons we learn through trials and how it’s part of the plan of salvation.  We shared testimony of our personal experiences with that and then we drove back after having lunch.

We gave G & E the plan of salvation pamphlet and asked them to read it and write down questions.  They read the pamphlet and filled a whole page with questions and answered the questions in the back of the pamphlet – they are the only people that have ever done that in my whole mission!  It was really cool.  We had a sweet discussion, answered all their questions, and explained the plan.  They are floored by how it all makes sense and fits together and answers questions they’ve had for a long time but their pastors couldn’t explain. 

I got mail finally today! Yes!!!!!  That was great.  Grandma sent a letter with $20 in it – that was nice, I was glad to get that money, good to have.

Sunday we had exchanges with the Wahoo elders – I went with Elder Chappel.  Church was different, we had a broadcasted Stake Conference from SLC – Dallin H. Oaks was presiding.  It was a good conference.  I don’t quite remember what was spoken but the spirit was felt.  The L family showed up – N brought her boyfriend which was good to see.  That evening we watched a CES fireside with G – he really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment