And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27)

Monday, February 25, 2013

Behold a Blizzard


We taught a guy named A this week.  He was raised Jehovah Witness but doesn’t believe in it.  He has his own personal beliefs, for instance he doesn’t believe in eternal life or anything after this.  He also has a hard time accepting what a spirit is.  We taught him the plan of salvation and whipped out tons of scriptures – he wanted to see proof in the Bible – so we spent about an hour and a half just busting out scriptures from the Bible and Book of Mormon.  He was paying attention the whole time.  He was a little hesitant at first and kind of debating a little bit but then he calmed down and listened to what we had to present.  At the end we could feel the spirit really strong and bore testimony to him and asked him to pray.  I told him about how I live my life without thinking every day about my eternal rewards but just doing it because I know God’s real and I know I have a better level of lifestyle when I do.  We’ll see how he progresses.

We had a blizzard come in – we went out and shoveled a little bit of what had fallen the first night for some people that needed the service.  Two old ladies came out and asked what we were doing because they had forgotten the missionaries were coming by to help them out.  They wanted to pay us but we told them no and they were happy that we were helping them.  The next day we had about seven inches of snow so we went out with C and shoveled about seven driveways and walkways.  It took forever and my back is still sore! 

We’ve had many great dinners with the members. The B family fed us tacos with chorizo, carne asda, salsa verde and all that good stuff.  I was stuffed and happy. 

We saw L and V this evening, she’s 85 and he’s 92, they’re living in an assisted living home.  They were glad to see us and were chatting and chatting, repeating stories they’ve already told.  They are a cute old couple and we’re glad to help them out with errands.

I spoke in church on Sunday.  We taught gospel principles and afterwards we went with Bro. N and two of the youth to administer the sacrament to L and V in the living center.  That was a really good experience!  They got emotional and were thankful for the opportunity to take the sacrament because they haven’t had that for a while.  So we’re going to start doing that weekly, or at least the youth are because now they know where they live.

It’s been a very full week of service & teaching and much the same ahead for this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment