And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27)

Monday, March 18, 2013

Spiritual & Physical Training


This past week we had district meeting, at which I gave training on inspired finding using the Holy Ghost.  We’ve also been extremely busy teaching people.

E is doing very well.  We had dinner with her and a friend this week and taught her about the gospel and committing to live a new life through baptism.  We read from the scriptures and helped her practice the language of the scriptures so she can be more comfortable.  She made a lot of progress.  We took her to a member’s house for dinner later in the week and it went really, really well!  She and Sister S were becoming best friends and had a good time.  We shared a message afterwards about living the commandments and getting strength from the Lord to overcome our difficulties so it was really good.  She won’t be able to come to church tomorrow because she made a promise to her dad to go to his church but next week we have dibs.

We went to Schuyler and set up some return appointments so next week when transfers come, whoever gets into Schuyler will have something to do and they won’t be starting with a completely empty plate.

Other news, there’s a high school track by where we live.  Elder Mickel and I went this morning and ran and I am really slow!  I was running about as fast as I was as a freshman in high school.  So I need to fix that and get back into shape.  Hopefully I’ll stay here so I can continue to run on the track – that would be really nice.  We’ll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment