And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27)

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Key Indicators


It’s been a challenging week.  Earlier this week Elder Rasmussen had insomnia that was taking its toll on the work, then he got progressively worse with his health all week.  We spent entire days inside!  Luckily I got a parcel from the family for Valentine’s Day, so it had a lot of stuff I could do. We finally got out to work Sunday!  

We drove out to contact our referrals to try and get some numbers to report for this week – to no avail.  The last referral we tried to contact was in Cozad, but wasn’t home, so we decided to go further.  We saw the H family that lives out in Gothenburg; we’ve never been out there and don’t know what the work is like out there.  We arrived and found out it was Brother H’s birthday so we joined them for homemade mac and cheese and lemon ice cream dessert.  We talked with them about member missionary work.  Their oldest daughter is doing a lot of missionary work with her friend, which is good to hear about.  We told her to consider having us over to teach her friend the discussions because she’s been to a couple of activity nights.  We had a good time there.  We shared a couple videos from Mormon Messages for youth.

The other day was stinkin’ cold!  A really, really strong wind and bitterly cold wind chill.  I’ve been trying a different workout; interval training on the bike with leg strength exercises.  So now I’m kind of sore.

This is a monumental week for my mission because I think it’s the worst week as far as numbers go!  We report key indicators: investigators baptized, confirmed, at church, progressing, taught, taught with a member, new investigators, lessons taught to less actives or recent converts, referrals received and contacted.  This week we only taught one lesson to a less active because of illness. 

We’ve deep cleaned in preparation for transfers ... change is happening: I'm going to Columbus, NE to serve with Elder Mickel! MTC reunion!
Columbus, Nebraska (in the summer obviously)

No comments:

Post a Comment