Hey there,
So transfers are this Friday due to Thanksgiving, and p-day
will be Thursday. However, we've been
given permission to email on Monday as all the libraries will be closed. I'm not sure what will happen with these
upcoming transfers. I'm really really
hoping that Elder Vawdry and I will stay here but you never know, Pres. Weston has changed his policy with
regards to areas. Other missions have
seen huge success with missionaries staying in areas for eight months so that’s
what he wants to do here. That bodes
well for us here in Lexington, but you still never know.
Grandma, I got your letter with the money. It came just in time, thank you sooooo
much! I also got the package this
morning. As well, thank you sooooo
much! I love everything that was inside
it, and it was a wonderful pick-me-up.
The banner is now strung out from the kitchen to the 'bedroom', thanks
to all who helped with that.
So as far as this week goes I can easily say that God keeps
his promises and answers prayers. We had
two miraculous events this week.
Firstly, our money has gotten pretty low. We've had tons of meetings and traveling
around so having to eat out has depleted our stashes. there’s a scripture in D&C 24:18 that
speaks to missionaries, it says "and thou shalt take no purse nor scrip,
neither staves, neither two coats, for the church shall give unto thee in the
very hour what thou needest for food........" So we were pretty concerned about paying for
food, but the Lord provided. We had a
baptism of an 8 year old girl in the ward this Saturday and the family brought
tons of food for after (including homemade chicken noodle soup just like what
gram makes which I never dreamed I would have on the mission). After everyone ate there was TONS of food
left over and they gave it all to us! On
top of that we had a dinner with some members before the baptism and they gave
us leftovers as well. We were so
grateful, now the task is to eat all the soup before it goes bad.
The second experience we had last night. We had a zone training this past week and
they were focused on our faith and setting goals. We prayed and asked that Heavenly Father
would help us find a bilingual, young couple that recognized us as servants of
God and were prepared to be baptized by Thanksgiving. Well before we headed out last night we
prayed that God would show His presence by providing us with a full evening of
teaching, help us find that family we were looking for, and help us teach G whom
we hadn’t been able to get ahold of but needed to teach. Well He answered. We headed out and prayed that He would direct
us and I've never had such success with knocking doors in the mission. Of the few doors we knocked in two hours half
let us in and we got five new investigators from three different houses. One of those we believe to be the family we
were looking for. We also were able to meet
with G right before it was time to stop.
It was incredible!!!!
Elder Vawdrey was gone for two days earlier this week to a
leadership conference in Omaha so I was left here to work with a greenie. This kid is one of the greenest I've seen,
but his sincerity is there and his testimony is strong. We had to work the area for a day and a half,
and we had some good success. We then
parted ways are the zone training and afterwards Elder Vawdrey and I headed up
to Broken Bow to do some exchanges. It
was all really hectic but everything worked out great.
I ran into my first Brazilians while I was in Broken
Bow. They had just moved to the States
and the husband turned out to be a lost sheep (a member of the church whose
record didn’t follow their move and whom we didn’t know about). They knew pretty good English and their
accent was hot. Todd I love your people!
The night before the zone training we had a crazy
experience. We were asleep until 11 at
night when our phone started ringing and there was a loud pounding at our
door. Some elders had taken the transfer
van and dropped leaders off after the conference but when they went on the I-80
they headed west instead of east (even though they had a Garmin). Well they soon realized they were way off
course and called the ZLs. They told
them to bunk with us for the night so they woke us up and then did again the
next morning when they got ready to leave at 5 am. I was exhausted.
Well that’s it,
Love you all,
E' Harker
No comments:
Post a Comment