And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27)

Monday, November 12, 2012

Baptismal Dates


Hi y’all,

To answer your questions:
Where am I in the scriptures? I'm trying to read the BOM in Spanish and I'm in Mosiah 9 at the moment, it’s an arduous process.

Do you us Preach My  Gospel much?  Yeah kinda, I read it through in the MTC and once I read something I can remember it pretty well.  I use it for reference sometimes and weekly we study from it in zone meetings and district meetings

We had an exchange with the zone leaders this week.  We're in the Kearney zone which is one of the largest zones in the US if not the biggest.  Our district alone spans an area the height of Nebraska.  Because of the size of the areas the zone leaders had to stay a day at a time at each district leader’s apartment and then move to the other for exchanges.  In this zone the ZL’s are Spanish elders and one of them is my old comp Elder Moore.  We had a good exchange with plenty of work done.  One member here, Bro. H, has been on fire doing member missionary work.  He’s handed out tons of church materials to his friends recently and has invited them to church.  We spent some time working with him and helping him with the work he’s doing, and helped him get his home teaching done.

We have two more baptismal dates set along with G for the 24th of Nov.  We've been teaching V and his girlfriend and she’s agreed to go ahead and be baptized along with her son.  We're going to baptize them the 30th of this month.

It’s been alone time since someone has gone out of their way to be mean to us but it happened again this week.  Last pday we met an African man in the library who was a member but didn’t know there was a church in the area.  We gave him the information and he asked if we could come to his apartment sometime.  We went over and as we were knocking his door the apartment manager pulled up.  He had been driving by and saw us on his property so he whipped his truck right up beside us.  He began unleashing a string of profanities, telling us to get off his property.  I told him a member of our church had requested that we come and visit, but he only began to swear more.  So we consented to his wishes and left.  However, he’s going to have to try harder to stop the work of the Lord.  Yesterday we thought we'd try and get that member to church so we went back.  We kept our eyes out for the manager’s truck and when we parked we sprinted over to the door only to find out he wasn’t home.  No big deal, we'll just go back another time.

Elder Vawdrey and I both received two Frisbee golf discs a piece to keep.  We had borrowed them a couple weeks back and yesterday we found out we could keep them.  We were happy.  We also got some more stuff one night when we were in another town and saw a market was closing down and they were having a storewide clearance.  We stopped in and I got Phase 10, a Florence and the Machine album (which I'm sending home soon), vacuum space bags, and a new laundry hamper for ridiculously cheap.  It was like an early Christmas for us.

Not much else to report,
Love you all,
Me & Elder Vawdrey - starting to look like each other?
Elder Harker 

No comments:

Post a Comment