And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27)

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Still Here

Hey,

So drum roll, bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb, I'm staying here in Omaha for the 5th transfer in a row and I've received Elder Terris as my new companion.  To put this into a numbers perspective, I've served in one are already for 6 months and this means I'll be here for another 1 1/2.  It's alright though; there are some people here that I've grown really attached to so I get to work with them a little longer.  Elder Terris is cool, he's from Utah, really laid back and chill.

I got to take out another new Spanish missionary, Elder Cabezas, this past week.  He was born in Peru but moved to Bountiful, UT when he was 8.  Another fluent Spanish speaker to join our ranks!  I hope to get to serve with one soon.

We got some great news with past week.  We went over to J and O one night to chat with them  (she was once inactive, he’s not a member, we baptized their daughter A not too long ago).  They told us that they had been in a laundromat the other day and made the decision to finally get married! They set the date for Oct. 20.  Unfortunately that’s just past next transfers so I don’t know if I'll be there to see it, however I was ecstatic to here that they finally made that decision.  S and C have also made the decision to be married.  They don’t have a date yet but we'll set one soon.  C also says that after the marriage he would like to be baptized.

That’s it for this week.  Love you all,

E' Harker


No comments:

Post a Comment