Hey there,
It has almost been a month here at the MTC and I cannot wait to get my freedom! Firstly, thanks Gram for the package it arrived Monday. Great choices for the food, especially the sugar free candies, they're saving my life in class. Also, thanks for the life stories you’re sending me, but you do realize this just gives me plenty of ammo to crack ‘old jokes’ with right?
As far as this week went there weren't any spectacular occurrences so I'm just going to mention some small details. After last week's visit of two members of the Twelve, Salt Lake sent the first counselor to the presiding bishop to talk at the devotional. I had my first fast Sunday here, which I'll be honest was way better than the normal Sundays. We had tons of speeches throughout the day from MTC leaders, mission leaders, etc. Also, our testimony meeting for our branch was completely in Spanish. Everyone loved that aspect because it meant no one had to prepare talks and hope they weren't called on, and bearing testimony is one of the easiest things to do here, just "yo se que ... (anything spiritual)".
I saw the Kennerleys here. I was working on future tense on TALL (MTC language program) when the picture of them in front of the temple came up. Underneath was the caption "esta familia sera eterna" meaning "this family will be eternal". So I guess Bro. Kennerley will be with Sis. Kennerley forever, TALL has prophesied it.
I saw the Kennerleys here. I was working on future tense on TALL (MTC language program) when the picture of them in front of the temple came up. Underneath was the caption "esta familia sera eterna" meaning "this family will be eternal". So I guess Bro. Kennerley will be with Sis. Kennerley forever, TALL has prophesied it.
![]() |
| On left is the photo of our friends as a young couple (although this was not their actual wedding day). On the right is the same couple, happily married with their beautiful family in 2011. |
So the confines of the MTC are finally taking its tole on the district. Last night Elder Dudley (imagine a guy like Wayne Rooney) carried me up 5 flights of stairs on his back. Around the third floor some elder got in the way and Elder Dudley screamed at him to move, it was so hysterical I could barely continue to hold on. Also, another elder in the district, who has a very serious girlfriend back home, confessed that one of the hermanas in the district was driving him crazy by her good looks and endless glances in his direction. Needless to say the others and I let him have it. We went back to the class and when both of them were in the room we started making it unbearably awkward for him. I haven't had so much fun the entire time I’ve been here.
Anyway, not much else to report. Sorry this week’s been kinda slow. Love the updates from everyone, talk to you next week
Love,
Elder Harker

Oh that was such a wonderful letter!! What a great idea Coreen! (this blog) I love how connected we feel to Elder Harker and his experiences! Look forward to reading more! Thanks for sharing! ~1/2 of the "eternal couple".
ReplyDeleteI remember one of the sisters going to the Philippines was so beautiful and she had red hair. The elders all were dying over her. They called her the reina roja (the spelling is all wrong but it means the red queen.) Good times.
ReplyDelete