And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27)

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

In My Father's Footsteps

There's nothing my mom likes more than a good checklist and we've been over mine a million times!  Haircut? Check. Shirts ironed? Check. Set apart? Check.  Bags packed? Working on it ...

I can take two suitcases and one carry on.  I will pay $60.00 to check two bags on my flight today.  If either suitcase is over 50 pounds they charge extra.  My bags weighed in at 47.5 lbs and 49 lbs - they have everything I'll need for two full years of service in Nebraska.



This photo was taken immediately after I was set apart by President Hopkins.  The picture beside it is my father the day he was set apart for his mission with President Rosenvall.  My father served in the Guadalajara/Mazatlan Mexico mission (1986-88).  I am wearing his actual mission name tag.  I will receive an identical one of my own at the MTC today.

No comments:

Post a Comment