And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27)

Monday, October 24, 2011

Called to Serve

Preparing for a mission is a life long journey, deciding to go on a mission is a life changing moment, completing the required paperwork is a challenge, and waiting for the call ... that's torture!


My mission call was delayed in arriving.  We were all trying to be patient but one night while my family was having evening prayers back in Oregon, a strong thought came to my mother, the address is wrong!  Sure enough, the mission call had been sent but not to my correct address.  My Stake President notified my dad that he'd received notice of a call being extended, then my father had my mother call me, and I immediately headed over to my old address on campus to see if it was still there.  Typically I would not expect mail to be left sitting around very long, but thankfully it was there! 

I arranged to Skype my family, call my grandparents in Canada, and have my roommates & FHE group present all at the same time for the big reveal.  It was a thrill to see Nebraska Omaha mission!  Seeing the date I was to enter the MTC, November 30, 2011, was shocking however because my availability date wasn't until Dec 20/11 and I wouldn't even have completed my finals by the expected date.  After a few moments of cheering, I noticed another detail: I would be serving a Spanish speaking mission!  This was an answer to my prayers.

**Note: The Stake President called Salt Lake today and they have moved the date of my mission to January 11, 2012 so I can complete my finals at BYU.

5 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you Tim!! You will be a fantastic missionary. Y despues de su mission vamos a hablar en Espanol. We have always admired you and your drive to be excellent. Good luck and we look forward to hearing about your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo!!! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim, This was very exciting to me as it is the same mission my son returned from last year...Spanish speaking also! He loved his mission and I know you will love yours too! I am so proud of your decision to serve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the picts of the computer screen. It captured the moment. You are so good at that Coreen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are very proud of you Tim, you're the best

    ReplyDelete